History of the hall
We are grateful to Mr William Knapton for providing access to the old minute books to help with this section. It all started officially with a meeting of 'about 40 persons'
held on the 15th October 1920. The meeting was chaired by a Mr Burton with the aim of organising a 'Memorial to mark the appreciation of the people of Tollerton for what the village lads had done in the war'.
Initial discussion was about a cross but it quickly moved on to the idea of erecting a hut. It appears the wooden structure was quickly erected being completed by January 1921. A Dedication Service was held on the 31st January followed a few days later by a Whist Drive and Dance.
Our current village hall replaced the wooden structure in 1976 and was once again the result of a major fundraising drive amongst the community. The old hall was sold for £25 at auction with a further £2.05 being raised for the coal. When expenses were paid this left the princely sum of £2.10! The wooden structure was then moved to Clifton where we believe it is still in use a Scout Hut.