TIPS FOR HOME ISOLATION DURING COVID-19 OUTBREAK
Staying indoors and away from anyone is not easy. So here are a few tips on how best to manage home isolation looking at both your physical and mental health.
- Most importantly remember you may be alone in your home but you are not alone in our community. There is help around when you need it – contact details are available from the village shop, the noticeboard and on our website.
- There are volunteers who can get your prescriptions and food essentials etc
- Find a daily routine that suits you and those isolated with you, You need time together but also personal time to read the book you always wanted to, walk outside in the garden, redesign your garden, redecorate that room you keep putting off,
- Stop listening and looking at the news and social media – they are depressing.
- You can go for a safe walk on designated paths around the village but keep 6 foot away from anyone you meet
- Take up a new hobby or revisit a one you have dropped recently
- Take up Mindfulness – a form of meditation proven great for mental health
- Keep communicating with family and friends – more phone calls, use facetime, WhatsApp, Skype so you can see and hear them. If not sure ask someone how to set them up
- Maintain sleep routines – very important for mental and physical health
- Take exercise, walking around the garden, walks around the fields, increase times walking around the home
- Keep windows open when you can to keep ventilation going
- If you have children , and schools are closed, remember they need routines, they need sleep, regular meals and physical exercise.
- Try to keep some form of education stimulus and learning for older children.
- Keep their exposure to media and internet and games regulated
- Go and find the old fashioned games and jigsaws that require family participation
- If one or both parents working from home talk to them about letting the parent work and then their will be time for them
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. COMMUNITY HELP IS AVAILABLE.
EXERCISE. SLEEP. USE THE TIME FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE PUT OFF.